The Pandemic has not just changed what people buy but more importantly how they buy them. E-commerce during these times has boomed and the entire ecosystem is going to reflect changes in the way the world is going to continue to shop post-Pandemic era.
With global e-commerce having accelerated during this period, it has opened up a huge opportunity of cross-border sales and services for a plethora of industries. As per studies, 60% less people are visiting brick and mortar stores for buying items than before the Pandemic started. 43% people are more often shopping online than they would before making geographic location of the buyer and the seller irrelevant. This flexibility has enabled goods and items to reach larger customers bases in rural and far off areas for retailers.
Present and future e-commerce is all about delivering to a global customer base through effective portals. Post-Pandemic, e-commerce is going to be part of a different way of doing business much like brick mortar stores did and continue to do. E-sellers will be adapting to customers’ demands and work on ways to strengthening relationships with them by building and launching adaptive retail e-commerce ventures.
• The onus will be on e-retailers to continually woo existing and newer customers with attractive websites that will lure them to shop at any place or any time. It’s going to be an era when e-commerce will be finding customers instead of customers looking for e-shops. This is itself will be a major challenge as there will be groups who will have online access that they never had earlier. Both brands and sellers need to find ways and means to attract and educate these newer groups into buying products from them.
• E-commerce websites will have to be have more inclusive designs and usability with simple interface. Designs should help people get information that will not just attract them but they find easy to understand. Future online selling will go past addressing only those having an understanding of sophisticated technology.
• More people are going to use mobiles and use them to shop products than now making it imperative for apt development of mobile commerce portals. Any veteran e-commerce website design and development company having expertise in building easy mobile interface to make the portal ergonomic will be able to make such businesses successful.
• E-commerce in the coming years is not just going to be about being online but continuing to do so by knowing how the shopping experience fits into every target customer’s overall journey. The right use of colors and lighting, design structure and layout and ultimately the fluidity of it which will help move from one part of it to another and back will determine revenue inflow.
• Use of better technology will have a definitive say for digital commerce retailers to see high business revenues. Building e-commerce website and mobile commerce or m-commerce windows should be done using agile and adaptive technology platforms. Such portals should be capable of introducing an environment of impulse purchasing with store layout and merchandise display. Both design and development will have to move in sync to enable the development of such stellar e-commerce windows.
With future online shopping in the post-Pandemic times likely to be higher than before, 38% of consumers are intended towards visiting e-stores that provide great experiences. Online shops therefore, should be able to interweave a stimulating repeat journey for consumers with the features it offers along with the relationship that the seller builds using the customer relationship management tool. Future of business is going to be rooted in such deep and ongoing e-commerce liaison.
The best e-commerce software will be those that are capable of taking on consumers’ excuses on accessibility and convenience. From the casual visit to the e-store to fulfilling delivery, every experience will count as a cornerstone for all future transactions. In fact, to be successful in future e-commerce business, retailers will have to think out of the box and something much larger than ordinary e-commerce business.
Get in touch with the experts of a certified Magento development agency and ecommerce website design in India for best advice on your future-ready e-commerce website and mobile portal!