Like mobile devices, the conversion rate for mobile apps is becoming more and more refined every day. After CTR (click-through-rate), performance and click-to-install, the focus has now shifted to conversions from mobile apps. While install is still a crucial milestone in the journey of mobile consumers, it is now treated as more of a first step than a milestone. It’s something that marks the beginning of the mobile consumer’s journey. That means installs alone aren’t enough anymore. You need to create an app that has sustainable commercial value.
Here’s The Fact
App management, or rather the lack of it, is now one of the biggest challenges faced by app marketers. A study cited by eMarketer showed that only 30% of Android and 25% of iOS users have opened an installed app one whole day after installing it. After a month, the opening rate reduces to a mere 3.3% and 3.2%. The reason behind this is that an app has to go up against thousands of other apps on the app store as well as many others on users’ devices. Besides, the expectation of users is extremely high. Users these days are used to having options. They won’t think twice before uninstalling the app and replacing it with a similar one. All this has shifted the focus from installs to user retention and engagement and providing users with lifetime value. Now, let’s find out the mobile app marketing tactics that’ll help marketers find out what kind of conversion rate they should measure to achieve their marketing goals.
1. First, Come Up With In-App Events That Correlate With Your Goals
Business goals and in-app event measurement are intertwined. You have to find correlation points in order to be able to optimise for your in-app events. It’ll lead you to a point where you can start testing. For instance, a productivity app can measure the average sessions per user to come up with conversion optimization techniques tailored to their app. Similarly, a gaming app can optimise the retention rate of players by measuring the number of tutorial watches. Players who watch the game tutorial are more likely to stick around than those who do not.
2. Measure In-App Events In Thorough Detail
Measuring in-app events is supremely important. It provides crystal clear results with regard to segmentation. That can help you gain deeper knowledge of your audience and give you better flexibility. Think about a travel app for instance. For a travel app, it’s crucial to provide high lifetime value to users. They can measure the lifetime value by tracking the users who have made at least two bookings in two different seasons. This type of deeper in-app events are known as rich in-app events. That’s because these events are full of data that contains multiple parameters.
3. User Acquisition Campaigns must be Optimised
After you have singled out the most relevant segments, you can employ a mobile measurement company to pin down the exact mobile app marketing strategies that should be used to source and track the actions of your app users after they install the app. It’s crucial to connect significant in-app activity to its acquisition source.
4. Use Cohort Analysis To Go Even Deeper Into Data
Cohort Analysis helps you categorise users according to their common characteristics and measure certain KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) over multiple timeframes. It provides good insight into the average customer’s quality and whether or not that quality is likely to be better or worse over time. Here, the metric can be any in-app event and is calculated based on different timeframes.
Make sure to deep-link your campaigns to boost your install-to-value conversion rate. Since hyperlinks don’t exist in the mobile spectrum, if you want to send your user to a particular destination, deep links are a must.
Today’s app economy is dominated by a low retention rate of free apps offering in-app purchases. In a scenario like this, it is absolutely vital to have some sort of metric to measure events after the installation and connect them back to the acquiring channel. This is probably the option app marketers have to meet their mobile app marketing objectives.
July 6 , 2016
Tags : App Marketing , Conversion Optimisation , Conversion Optimization Guide , Conversion Optimization Tips , Mobile App Marketing , Mobile App Marketing Best Practices , Mobile App Marketing Plan , Mobile App Marketing Strategies , Mobile Apps , Mobile Commerce , Mobile Devices
Why Hire Us?
- Awarded with "Fastest growing Indian company excellence award" at 8th International Achievers Conference at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Featured as the "Company of the Month" in December 2016 in India's premier IT magazine, Silicon India having significant circulation in US and in India.
- Featured among the "20 most promising Digital Marketing Solution Providers in India in 2016" in the prestigious entrepreneur magazine in India
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified & RAR+ Recommended Company
- Around 200+ In-house Employee and 800+ Years Of Collective Experience
- 1500+ Digital Projects Delivered
- Savings of up to 50% on your project cost
- Assured monthly work production of 160 hours Guaranteed
- Total Project Management Control
- 9000 sq. ft. State-of-the-art Facilities & Infrastructure
- Work with Your OWN remote team
- 24x7 Availability when required
- We Sign NDA for Confidentiality, All Rights Are Owned By You
- Profitable Since Inception. US$ 2Million turnover
Projects VS DRM!
This is a Detailed Breakdown of the Advantages that the Dedicated Resource Model vis-à-vis the Conservative Project Model. Read More...