If you want to develop a new mobile app that revolutionizes the way we view and use these applications, then use Xamarin! This is the best of both worlds and the developer creates only one app that runs in all platforms. Hybrid apps usually are written using web technologies such as HTML5, CSS and Java script.
Xamarin is the new rock star in the mobile development circle. Some people call it a hybrid app, whilst others call it a native app. This provides an interesting approach to app creation in 2016. Written in the programming language C#, it’s used to develop native apps too. Apps for each platform often are written in different programming languages- such as Java in Android, Objective C or Swift in IOS. Xamarin however, changes the programming language without changing the classes, features performance and capability. The most advantageous factor in Xamarin’s effectiveness is its ability to create reusable code. Presently up to 80 per cent of the code can be reused across platforms!
Pros of using Xamarin
Single Code base: Xamarin provides feature to develop the application on a single code base. This enables the application to run across platforms.
- Lower development and maintenance costs: Since the developers work in a single codebase, any future enhancements or even bug issues can be resolved easily. This helps reduce the maintenance cost and time.
- Swift change of mobile platforms and web:There is no context when switching between languages. When you target web, mobile and portable devices, the flexibility of using the same code across multiple platforms remains the same. You can also share the business logic across platforms.
- Faster upgrades are possible:You can work with the single database and still make changes. This enables the developers to reduce time in the process of up gradation. The developers can reach the market faster in this way.
Cons of using Xamarin:
- Some of the most avid users of Xamarin, talk about compatibility issues. These include design and animation apart from other issues.
- If you are using an Android platform, the process of deploying to the emulator or even a test device is quite slow.
- The high costs of employing a developer in Xamarin, makes it troublesome and one has to choose a plan that fits the team size and finances.
- There is often a limited sharing of the UI between the Android and the iOS. This means that event logics, APIs and designs along with widgets are used and coded differently in each platform.
- Xamarin-based apps have a built-in overhead that makes it larger in size. This affects the download time and storage of the device.
- Xamarin does not allow for the creation of reusable components outside of the environment it is in. If a code is written in Xamarin, it cannot be used in a native or HTML 5 app. There could be bugs too that you may come across frequently.
November 7 , 2016
This entry was posted in Hybrid App
Why Hire Us?
- Awarded with "Fastest growing Indian company excellence award" at 8th International Achievers Conference at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Featured as the "Company of the Month" in December 2016 in India's premier IT magazine, Silicon India having significant circulation in US and in India.
- Featured among the "20 most promising Digital Marketing Solution Providers in India in 2016" in the prestigious entrepreneur magazine in India
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified & RAR+ Recommended Company
- Around 200+ In-house Employee and 800+ Years Of Collective Experience
- 1500+ Digital Projects Delivered
- Savings of up to 50% on your project cost
- Assured monthly work production of 160 hours Guaranteed
- Total Project Management Control
- 9000 sq. ft. State-of-the-art Facilities & Infrastructure
- Work with Your OWN remote team
- 24x7 Availability when required
- We Sign NDA for Confidentiality, All Rights Are Owned By You
- Profitable Since Inception. US$ 2Million turnover
Projects VS DRM!
This is a Detailed Breakdown of the Advantages that the Dedicated Resource Model vis-à-vis the Conservative Project Model. Read More...