So after months of painstaking effort, your mobile app is ready to hit the app store and you have already started counting money in your dreams! No worries, you can keep doing that but now, are you done with figuring out how that kid is going to churn all that moolah? In fact, if you have ever been in app-based business, you would know for sure that having an awesome mobile app in store is never a sure-fire formula of success, as people only tend to download the apps that are on the top charts. And if yours is a free app, then making money from it is only possible when customers eagerly share it across the Internet, through social networks, email, chat, and word of mouth, in short, when it goes viral!
What is viral?
The golden rule of virality is enticing audience/user to participate by making them aware of the products and engaging them to an extent that they spontaneously feel the urge to share it.
The same applies for mobile apps. Getting a large number of downloads does not come unless users know about your app. To make an app spread faster than a Page 3 breaking takes a lot more than bolting on some Twitter and Facebook buttons. It requires minute strategizing both on technical & marketing front. This is the place where most development companies or entrepreneurs either get stuck or fail, and we at Digital Aptech come handy.
How to make your app get noticed?
For the starters, let’s take a quick check-
- Does your app have something valuable to share?
USP we call it. In case of e-commerce app, something that sets you apart from a Flipkart or Zappos, or in case of social networking something different though in the same line of a Facebook or Tinder. That something can be an idea, a photo, a game, anything that’s shareable.
- Is it easy to share and to join?
The main objective is to get maximum downloads, remember? So the functionality of the app must be that simple enough to share and join with ease, with least inputs. Sharing options should be easily available in social media and messengers with an appropriate pre-drafted message to be shared along with the app link. For the addition, there must be an invite/add a friend or group option to make your app spread like wildfire.
- Does it have any benefit to the use so that they would share or come back to the app?
Study says 13% of users will delete your app right after trying it once, so it is important to hold them back if you don’t want to be happy with one-time money. Having a reward or payback option for sharing or creating an account is lucrative to get your users hold onto you.
- Does it appeal to emotions?
What gives viral its force is the ability to stir the emotions. Good emotions or bad, it doesn’t matter.
If your app passes above pH test, it is ready to set fire. What you need is just testing these very basics before launching:
- Checking in App Store: Make sure you A/B test your App Store icon, screenshots, copy, etc. prior to launch. This can make a difference between whether someone will download or share your app.
- Perform ASO – Choosing the right keywords are critical to any app’s success. App store optimization (ASO), like SEO of website, can be performed for optimizing mobile apps to make your app discoverable among others.
- Swear by survey: Have hindsight about the prospect of your app by opting for some regular market survey. Using social media especially Facebook & Twitter can be equally fruitful for this purpose before launch to trigger authentic user reviews and garner eyeballs
- Get the Timing Right: Launching your app on Tuesday is recommended by experts to allow the breathing time to bring the app in category ranks by weekend.
- Make it quirky: These days, serious business needs are also presented in a fun way so that people get hooked easily. Take a look at Practo app- for finding doctors and get inspired. So unless it violates your business objective, making your mobile app funny & entertaining can add to its popularity.
- Expand avenues: With stiff competition, uploading the app on Playstore or Apple app store is not enough to ensure revenue. Take the pain of searching alternative app stores and distribute your app worldwide with Windows, Amazon, Opera, in short, everywhere possible.
- Offer Freebies: In case, your app is a paid one, you can attract users by making it free on the day of launch on app stores like Amazon that allows this flexibility. For a free app you can introduce launching day offers on your products too to boost the download volume.
- Generate Reviews: Submitting your app in premier technical & app review sites such as Cnet, 148apps, Mashable, Techcrunch, IGN Wireless for technical reviews will not only increase the app’s visibility but will also lead to having expert opinion to enhance your product.
June 12 , 2017
Why Hire Us?
- Awarded with "Fastest growing Indian company excellence award" at 8th International Achievers Conference at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Featured as the "Company of the Month" in December 2016 in India's premier IT magazine, Silicon India having significant circulation in US and in India.
- Featured among the "20 most promising Digital Marketing Solution Providers in India in 2016" in the prestigious entrepreneur magazine in India
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified & RAR+ Recommended Company
- Around 200+ In-house Employee and 800+ Years Of Collective Experience
- 1500+ Digital Projects Delivered
- Savings of up to 50% on your project cost
- Assured monthly work production of 160 hours Guaranteed
- Total Project Management Control
- 9000 sq. ft. State-of-the-art Facilities & Infrastructure
- Work with Your OWN remote team
- 24x7 Availability when required
- We Sign NDA for Confidentiality, All Rights Are Owned By You
- Profitable Since Inception. US$ 2Million turnover
Projects VS DRM!
This is a Detailed Breakdown of the Advantages that the Dedicated Resource Model vis-à-vis the Conservative Project Model. Read More...