Most technology specialists rely on a trusted and secure source to create websites that do not have weighty features. This requires a platform that has a strong architecture and is able to integrate seamlessly with a third party application. Drupal is one such platform that provides this and more, conforming to the technical and business needs throughout. Drupal is often considered the number one web content management platform used among businesses, institutions and governments. It is a highly flexible and scalable platform that publishes a single web site and shares content in various languages across devices. Drupal has one the largest open source communities online.
Here are the common 5 frequently asked questions or FAQs with their answers.
- 1. What is Drupal distribution?: Drupal is an open source CMS platform that is not just scalable and flexible, but robust too. It is modular in nature and the initial package consists of Drupal modules. There are about 20,000 contributed modules that can be used by Drupal developers when trying to create functionalities for websites. As a Drupal developer, you can contribute pre-defined set of configurations to the Drupal community and then build websites. These pre-defined sets are the Drupal distributions.
- 2. What are the pre-defined sets of configurations in Drupal distributions?: Pre –defined set of configurations can be better understood with the help of apt examples. If you want to build an ecommerce website, you have to build a gallery, sign in feature, inventory, shopping cart and payment gateways along with other functionalities that help visitors purchase products with ease. Drupal is a modular platform and the developer has to choose the right modules from the database and create custom modules that helps achieve functionalities. In layman’s terms, Drupal distributions are typical templates that can be used to create the best functional websites in a flash.
- 3. Why do you think Drupal is a powerful and popular CMS in comparison to others?: Drupal allows users to create large number of content types with the CCK or the content construction kit without the help of any programming skill. You can also customize each theme template for the content type you choose. You can have an article, story or a slideshow content type. You can use the Drupal “URL Setting” and “Pathauto modules”. These can help you have SEO friendly URLs for a site. Drupal has some of the most powerful search system in comparison to the other CMS. Drupal also offers many ready to use modules for customizable websites without a programming language.
- 4. What makes the “Search” function in Drupal an excellent feature in comparison to the other CMS?: Drupal has the search indexing aspect that uses the content type, classification and taxonomy system along with the content Meta data. Drupal fine tunes the semantic information and provides search results that are modified. Drupal has the fine grained semantic feature that helps tune your search results even more. You can override and tweak the search system and also adjust the user interface. This way the content can be ranked and results better displayed. Drupal also integrates well with search engines outside of its system in Apache, Xapian and Sphinx in case you have problems with average searches.
- 5. Which are the benefits of Drupal distributions?: Drupal distributions are already designed websites that can be used with some alterations. Drupal developers can customize these distributions and create functional websites that are efficient. Drupal distributions enable much less work to be done by developers eventually. The cost of building the websites is a lot less when developers make us of Drupal distributions.
Drupal is the best content management system and is backed by some of the most innovative open source communities. Using Drupal to power a website is always a great choice for any ecommerce company.
January 3 , 2017
This entry was posted in Drupal
Why Hire Us?
- Awarded with "Fastest growing Indian company excellence award" at 8th International Achievers Conference at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Featured as the "Company of the Month" in December 2016 in India's premier IT magazine, Silicon India having significant circulation in US and in India.
- Featured among the "20 most promising Digital Marketing Solution Providers in India in 2016" in the prestigious entrepreneur magazine in India
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified & RAR+ Recommended Company
- Around 200+ In-house Employee and 800+ Years Of Collective Experience
- 1500+ Digital Projects Delivered
- Savings of up to 50% on your project cost
- Assured monthly work production of 160 hours Guaranteed
- Total Project Management Control
- 9000 sq. ft. State-of-the-art Facilities & Infrastructure
- Work with Your OWN remote team
- 24x7 Availability when required
- We Sign NDA for Confidentiality, All Rights Are Owned By You
- Profitable Since Inception. US$ 2Million turnover
Projects VS DRM!
This is a Detailed Breakdown of the Advantages that the Dedicated Resource Model vis-à-vis the Conservative Project Model. Read More...