Lets’ face it. Web development is not easy by any means. No matter what the project is, one needs to consider a whole lot of aspects ranging from UX to site performance. Developing an ecommerce website is a convoluted process and poses a number of challenges because, after all, users will be coming to the site to browse and buy products, developers need to make the site as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. However, that’s not enough. There are other things that developers must keep in mind, throughout the project. Those things include:
Responsive Web Design
Browsing Internet from mobile devices is commonplace now. Your site must keep up with the rest of the world and have a responsive design that will allow users to seamlessly browse and purchase products from their smart phones and tablets. You must also opt for mobile optimization to provide users the smoothest experience and make it easy for search engines to give you ranking.
A handsome percentage of visitors search for their desired products on ecommerce websites. So, having a search function is vital if you want to keep them interested and it must be easy to find and use as well. Too many categories may just disinterest the visitors and influence them to go to your competitor’s website. In the search function, use autocomplete and faceted search to make sure that visitors find exactly what they are looking for and they find it fast.
Not everyone wants to or feels comfortable with creating an account on an ecommerce website as soon as they visit it. This you should know for a fact and let visitors select and buy products without an account. In order to do that, you need to enable guest checkout.
Site Speed and Security
Every ecommerce website must support SSL so as to encrypt information to secure it. Though this is extremely important for credit and debit card users, it can also help secure customers’ personal information. Not only that, you also need it to meet PCI compliance.
As for site speed, here’s a fact that has been observed time and again. If your website takes more than 3 seconds to load, most users will leave it, especially those who are accessing it from a mobile device. You can prevent that by site optimization through steps like:
- Using caching
- Compressing images
Have a long and thorough talk with your developers and implement these to provide your users with a great experience and achieve greater ranking on search engines.
August 19 , 2014
Why Hire Us?
- Awarded with "Fastest growing Indian company excellence award" at 8th International Achievers Conference at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Featured as the "Company of the Month" in December 2016 in India's premier IT magazine, Silicon India having significant circulation in US and in India.
- Featured among the "20 most promising Digital Marketing Solution Providers in India in 2016" in the prestigious entrepreneur magazine in India
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified & RAR+ Recommended Company
- Around 200+ In-house Employee and 800+ Years Of Collective Experience
- 1500+ Digital Projects Delivered
- Savings of up to 50% on your project cost
- Assured monthly work production of 160 hours Guaranteed
- Total Project Management Control
- 9000 sq. ft. State-of-the-art Facilities & Infrastructure
- Work with Your OWN remote team
- 24x7 Availability when required
- We Sign NDA for Confidentiality, All Rights Are Owned By You
- Profitable Since Inception. US$ 2Million turnover
Projects VS DRM!
This is a Detailed Breakdown of the Advantages that the Dedicated Resource Model vis-à-vis the Conservative Project Model. Read More...