Choosing a CMS is not a simple job by any means. Your requirements must be clearly defined. But what should those requirements be? Let’s find out:
Oftentimes, content management systems are associated with the creation, deletion, edit and organizing of pages. There is a common misconception that all CMSs have these functionalities and hence, they are all taken for granted. But in reality, not all CMSs have those functionalities and for those that do, there is no way to tell that the functionalities will be presented in an intuitive manner.
When making your selection, you must pay close attention to the core functionalities you need and needless to say, stay away from the CMSs that do not provide those functionalities. Before purchasing a CMS, test it for usability.
Editor is one feature that deserves every bit of your attention. Most content management systems come with a WYSIWYG editor. Peculiar as it may sound, more of than not, it is poorly conceived in spite of being the most widely used editor.
There are two intertwined demerits of conventional WYSIWYG editors such as:
- The content gets more than enough control on the design, which affects the branding in terms of consistency
- To achieve that control, the CMS creates a blend of the control and design
Some content management systems manage files and images very poorly. Meaning, they pay so little attention to the usability and accessibility that it becomes frustrating for users. You should look for a CMS that offers you basic image editing tools like cropping, rotating and resizing. You should also take into consider how the CMS handles the uploading and attaching of Word documents, PDF files, and other files like that.
The importance of search feature is undeniable. Most users begin looking for content by using search. But the search feature is often not up to the mark. If and when you are looking to have an effective search function, take into account the following:
- How frequently your site is indexed by search engine
- Whether all the content in all the pages of your site is indexed
- Whether attachments like PDF and Word documents are indexed
- How your website is ranked by search engines
- Whether you get to control how the results are displayed
- The time that a search engine takes to return the results
In addition to these, there are many other factors to consider. We will talk about them in our future blogs.
August 28 , 2014
Why Hire Us?
- Awarded with "Fastest growing Indian company excellence award" at 8th International Achievers Conference at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Featured as the "Company of the Month" in December 2016 in India's premier IT magazine, Silicon India having significant circulation in US and in India.
- Featured among the "20 most promising Digital Marketing Solution Providers in India in 2016" in the prestigious entrepreneur magazine in India
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified & RAR+ Recommended Company
- Around 200+ In-house Employee and 800+ Years Of Collective Experience
- 1500+ Digital Projects Delivered
- Savings of up to 50% on your project cost
- Assured monthly work production of 160 hours Guaranteed
- Total Project Management Control
- 9000 sq. ft. State-of-the-art Facilities & Infrastructure
- Work with Your OWN remote team
- 24x7 Availability when required
- We Sign NDA for Confidentiality, All Rights Are Owned By You
- Profitable Since Inception. US$ 2Million turnover
Projects VS DRM!
This is a Detailed Breakdown of the Advantages that the Dedicated Resource Model vis-à-vis the Conservative Project Model. Read More...